GOOD FOOD // CAMP GRUB 001 // BIG OL' BOWL O' LENTILS
The healthiest breakfast porridge Goldilocks could get her hands on! Inspired by Angela Liddon of Oh She Glows , the Big Ol' Bowl O' Lentils is a Camp Brand favourite at the picnic table in our neck of the woods.
This healthy breakfast bowl is packed with power, easy to prepare with only a few steps at home and camp, and is really just magically delicious! (No dehydrated, pastel-coloured sugar cubes required).
(Recipe serves 2)
-1/4 cup dry red lentils
-1/3 cup rolled oats
-1 vegetable bouillon cube
-1 garlic clove, minced
-1 shallot, sliced
-sea salt & pepper
-red pepper flakes
1) Put the lentils, oats, bouillon cube, minced garlic, sliced shallot into a baggie or small container.
2) *for optional ingredients* Add additional optional dry ingredients to the mixture above. Pre-slice and store other ingredients as desired in a separate baggie or container.
Tip: Leave avocado unsliced until ready to prepare at camp, or slice and store with an acidic fruit (eg. sliced tomato, orange, lemon etc) to avoid avocado from getting all soft and nasty looking!
3) Empty the contents of the dry ingredients baggie into a small pot.
4) Add 1 3/4 cups of water.
5) Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce to a simmer.
6) Leave uncovered for 8-12 minutes, or until thickened.
7) Slop into two bowls and garnish with desired toppings.
8) Dig in when it is "Jusssssst
Tag #campgrub to show us how you make GOOD FOOD in the great outdoors!
More camp inspired good eats // GOOD FOOD